[esp-r] on graphic mode

Gian Luca Brunetti gianluca.brunetti at polimi.it
Wed Oct 24 16:22:50 BST 2012

Dear list,
one question about the interface in graphic mode.

I wonder if there is a way to work in a graphic session without the aid
of the mouse; that is, a way to launch all operations, with no
exceptions, by keyboard shortcuts in graphic mode.

This would allow to manage ESP-r by scripts without entering the batch
mode, so to keep access to the functions that are only present in
graphic mode.

The obstacle here appears to be the operation of putting the cursor in a
dialogue box without using the mouse.

I wonder if someone has ever tried a way to do that, for example by
tweaking the C code to link some rarely used keyboard character (§, for
instance) to the action of positioning the cursor in a dialogue input
frame on the screen.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Gian Luca Brunetti