[esp-r] solar problem

HUA SUO surano1505 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 23:03:41 BST 2012

Hello, ESP-r experts.

I made a model that the all the façade is
totally single grazing( material newly created by me) and the floor is opaque.
After several test , I have some questions and hope that I can get help from you.

1. I found that if I change the properties
in the material database for the single grazing, namely ” the solar direct tran”
,  “solar reflec out”, “solar reflect in”,
nothing changes for the simulation result. Only if I change properties in the
optical database ,namely”direct trn” “reflct” “abs” that can affect the
simulation result. Am I right?

2. For the RES file, “solar entering the
zone” is the summation of transmissivity (the parameter  in optical database) multiplies the global irradiance
for each glazing surface. What is “solar absorbed in zone” ? I checked that it
is not the summation of absorptivity (the parameter in optical database)
multiplies the global irraiance for each glazing. It also can be noticed that “
solar absorbed in zone” is less than “solar entering the zone” in all the test
I did.

3. When I try to get the solar energy that
passes through the glazing and then absorbed by the floor , I extracted the
information from ” SW radiation(inside)” , it seems that this parameter is very
large and obviously not equal to the absorptivity of the floor multiplies the
global irradiance to the floor(how to get this parameter ?). And for the glazing "SW radiation(inside)" divided by the irradiance is not the absorptivity I gave .What is “SW radiation(inside)”
means exactly?

Regards,

Suo Hua

Ph.D Student in Tecnologia e Progetto per l'Ambiente Costruito/Technology and Design for Environment and Building

Il Dipartimento B.E.S.T.Dipartimento di Scienza e Tecnologie
dell’Ambiente Costruito/ The Department of Building Environment Science
& Technology

Politecnico Di Milano

Email:hua.suo at mail.polimi.it