[esp-r] Re: Air Volume reporting.

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 07:40:37 BST 2012

An example of the use of VAV +CAV is in the ESP-r distribution training
folder named cellular_cvvt/cfg/cellular_vav.cfg.  This model also does
not use a flow network.  The underlying method does not require one
as it is an abstract representation of the system rather than an explicit
component based representation.

The parameters of the control are listed in the file cellular_vav.contents
within that model's doc folder.

If you want to see more of the logic associated with the solution of this
control look in esrubld/bcfunc.F in the subroutine BCL22.  According
to the code the normal information written into the building results
file does not include the flow rate used, however if you activate
the 'trace' facility for controls in the simulator prior to running the
assessment the underlying performance attributes will be dumped
into a separate file named fort.33.

Regards, Jon Hand