[esp-r] Re: Wind Energy Component in ESP-r

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 14:28:17 BST 2012

Solar cells and building integrated PV facades are possible in ESP-r.  This
is currently not covered in the ESP-r Cookbook.  There is another tutorial
which describes most of the process of setting up BIPV (I need to locate
the file and can upload details when it is located).

There are some exemplar models which include explicit electrical characteristics
and an electrical network along with the usual ESP-r descriptions.  A review
of those exemplars would increase your knowledge of the topic.  The electrical
facilities use concepts and jargon familiar to electrical engineers and is
aimed at performance issues at time-steps greater than 1 second.

Wind turbines are usually represented outside of ESP-r.. You might what
to have a look at MERIT or ENTRAK (both on the ESRU web site) for demand
and supply matching.  Perhaps others in the community will have additional
suggestions about representing wind turbines.

Regards, Jon Hand