[esp-r] updating .con files from .geo

Matthew Wright matthew.wright at c4ci.eu
Tue Jul 31 15:15:11 BST 2012

Hi ESP-r community,

I have been using ESP-r for a few months, and had problems with results
consistency.

I have been trying to use "search and replace" under "global tasks" in the
composition sub menu.

I have a model with about 15 zones, so entering each zone and surface
individually is time consuming.

I find that I frequently get a mismatch between the .geo file and the .con
file, with the .con file frequently corrupting when I attempt to force an
update.

I am trying to ascertain whether I have

1.       corrupted my compiled code

2.       corrupted these particular files

3.       or whether the Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit platform I am using has a
problem

If the second, what behaviour typically does this, if the third are there
configurations necessary or useful to perform in Ubuntu.

To describe my behaviour -

I have been running comparisons between fabric specifications and using
"search & replace" to produce variants from a baseline model.

I am then told that the .geo files are updated and that I need to update the
.con files.

I then have tried using

1.       the update all zones option

2.       rebuilding the zone .con file on inspection of the zone
construction properties

3.       going into the constructions database and altering each element by
a small amount and correcting to force a names list rebuild

4.       any other edit function that purports to rebuild the .con file

In the end, the only reliable method has been to individually change the
construction in the surface "attributes menu" of the zone properties, or to
use the option that allows more than one surface to attributed at once.

Leaving the zone description then forces a reliable .con rebuild.

I have occasionally altered the .opr files by a text editor in Ubuntu in
order to facilitate faster changes of ventilation and infiltration rates.

Regards

Matt

Matthew Wright

Physicist