[esp-r] Re: solar obstruction and long wave radiation

Geissler Achim achim.geissler at fhnw.ch
Fri Jun 29 11:24:27 BST 2012

Dear Hannah

to my knowledge the answer to both questions is "no".

The obstructions do not have a temperature, so, calculation of long wave radiation exchange with an external surface is not possible. The material one can attribute to the obstructions is used only for export to Radiance, as far as I am aware.

External long wave radiation is split according to the settings in "sky, ground, surrounding". Sadly, I think, these settings can be set only once, i.e., they are valid for all (external) elevations of a model.