[esp-r] Thermochromic glazing

George Giannakidis ggian at cres.gr
Tue May 8 22:09:51 BST 2012

Dear All,
I am trying to model a thermochromic glazing:

I tried the "Special Components", "Active Materials" option but the
"thermocromic glazing" component gives the message "No components found
in this category " and I cannot proceed further.

I tried to use the "transparent layer properties" in "construction
materials" in the zone composition definition, but the only available
controls are the zone temperature, ambient temp., time, incident
radiation, lux level and Ltswitch, and not the external surface
temperature for the window, which I would prefer.

I would appreciate any suggestions on alternative approaches for this
modeling.

Best Regards,

George Giannakidis