[esp-r] Re: Is it a bug?

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 07:05:42 BST 2012

This is the first time I am aware of an issue with writing out the *date field in a model
configuration file.  I know of several people who are using 11.04, but mostly they
upgraded from an earlier version.  It might be possible that they are using 32bit.  11.04
did alter a number of the underlying libraries and fonts so I have advised many people
to revert to 10.10.

To be clear - if you compile 64 bit X11 on Ubuntu does the problem also happen?  The
code that finds and writes the date is not dependant on the graphic library.  There
are a number of other files in ESP-r models that include date fields. Are they also
missing or corrupted?

Also, make sure your 'locale' is set so that a period is used as a decimal place rather
than a comma.