[esp-r] Re: dailight factors+cfd

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Feb 17 09:24:10 GMT 2012

Ventilation studies in ESP-r almost always start with a flow network.  It is computationally
efficient (so you can do assessments looking at literally every minute of the year) you can
control flow paths (e.g. adjust windows & turn on extract fans).  There are also several
example models, a chapter in the Cookbook that discusses it and a couple of video tutorials
that show the process of planning and creating a flow network.

You can learn a lot via flow networks.  Later if you want additional resolution then
you might explore CFD.

Regards, Jon Hand