[esp-r] about phase change materials in ESP-r

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 08:46:50 GMT 2012

One of our recent PhD students Alaa Al-Mosawi worked on phase change materials.  I
suggest that you contact the following email address for some clarifications
on this facility.  Essentially, if the product type is a good match to the underlying
representation then you can get good agreement with observations.  You can solve
the electrical performance as well as the thermal performance of cells taking into account
the transient environment around the cells.

There is also documentation in the source code.  And being an area of interest to a small
number of users the facilities do have somewhat of a learning curve.  Somewhere
I have a document that describes part of the process.  Alaa might be able to provide
his thesis as well.

For other bits of ESP-r learning - look on the ESRU download page for the
ESP-r Cookbook it provides lots of info.  There are also some video tutorials
that I can send links to.  Unfortunately, no video tutorial yet about working
with PCM.

alaaliag at yahoo.com

Regards, Jon Hand