[esp-r] Re: External convection coefficient

Geissler Achim achim.geissler at fhnw.ch
Tue Jan 10 11:50:05 GMT 2012

Dear Dimitrios

you can set both internal and external values via the "convection coefficients". A file (.htc) is generated with the general form of

HC_CTL for zone box2

*Date,Wed Jun 11 11:22:28 2008

   1 # number control intervals

   6 # number of surfaces

# (front Wall-2 Wall-4 Top-5 Base-6 back)

  0.00    24.00 # start and end time of interval

   1 # fixed coef. calculation control type

*Doc,User supplied hc values

90.000,-1.0000,-1.0000,-1.0000,-1.0000,-1.0000      values internal  (-1.0=default algorithm, i.e. Alamdari-Hammond)

90.000,-1.0000,-1.0000,-1.0000,-1.0000,-1.0000      values external

In above example (if I remember correctly), surface one of the zone gets fixed values inside and out of 90 W/(m2 K).