[esp-r] Re: problem glazing sensitivity

Geissler Achim achim.geissler at fhnw.ch
Fri Nov 11 13:05:40 GMT 2011

Dear Filippo

I am not quite sure I have understood how your actual approach is, but here some hints / suggestions. Yes, your optical data set must be "called" by your MLC of type TRAN. To change the solar transmission (I assume you mean by "direct"), you need to change all five values for the angles of incidence considered. Depending on the properties of the glazing system, you should probably also change the solar absorption of at least the main absorbing layer. You can do this quite automatically via scripting if you are using a Cygwin / Unix type of platform. Attached (if it goes through the list) is an example script which could be used like this (this exchanges the solar absorption values in the glazing data base of optical data set 10, layer 3):

========================
OCON=10
OLAY=3

# Solar absorption values for the layer of interest
DATA1="1.000 0.762 0.743 0.743 0.735 0.731"
DATA2="1.000 0.821 0.854 0.852 0.849 0.846"

TRANLIST="DATA1 DATA2"

# Run simulation cases
for TRN in $TRANLIST
do

    case $TRN in
      DATA1) ODAT=$DATA1;;
      DATA2) ODAT=$DATA2;;
    esac

  # set solar absorption for blind-and-glazing
. ./set_optics-props.sh $VAR.cfg $OCON $OLAY $ODAT

Achim