[esp-r] Re: Simulation with temporal file, clarification of SURTM items

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 09:27:05 BST 2011

I will attempt to explain the idea of SURTM again.  If you have an physical experiment
and a virtual experiment (simulation) it is often useful to compare specific temperatures
in the experiment with their equivalent in the simulation model.  SURTM items hold
timestep measured data.  In the results analysis tool you can plot the simulated
surface temperature and also ask to plot the measured data held in the SURTM
temporal item.  You could also use res module statistics functions on the SURTM
data.

The graph showing different sky temperature measurement was very interesting.
It looks like you (or your group) might have an interest in completing the implementation
of the sky temperature temporal file link.