[esp-r] Re: Modelling a zone containing liquid

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 09:13:14 BST 2011

Could you tell us more about what you are trying to model?  What thermophysical issues
are of interest?

For example, is the tank fully surrounded by the room or just along one wall?

Is the fluid in the tank at a different temperature than the room?  For example
a cold tank might impact comfort for occupants in the room?

If you need to represent something that is massive and has a substantial
surface area then you might be able to make the walls of the tank out
of layers of material that approximates the mass of the tank.

If you need to represent heat exchange between a tank at 12C and a room
at 20C then the tank can be a zone within a zone with its temperature
controlled to 12C.