[esp-r] Re: Import optical data from Window 5 - Need help

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 11:46:42 BST 2011

I recently did some work with the ESP-r import from LBNL so that it works with
version 6.3 of LBNL Windows.  Certainly this works on Linux and OSX if the
windows report file is converted from DOS to Unix line endings.  I think
I have also done this import on Windows XP & W7.  Since 5.2 is out of date this has
not been tested recently but the more recent logic might do a better job
with a version 5.2 file than the version you have.

Below is a link to a ~10 minute video tutorial that goes through all
the steps (assuming you are using 6.3).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17785121/lbnl_win63_optics_use_wc.mp4

If you find this tutorial useful or have a comment about how it might
be improved I would like to hear from anyone.

Below is a link to yesterdays native windows installer that includes the
import from 6.3 facility.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17785121/ESPr_Installers/ESP-r_setup_native_windows_gtk_txt_v11_11_jwh7168.exe

Regards, Jon Hand