[esp-r] Re: question about the Ish module

glbrune at polimi.it glbrune at polimi.it
Thu Aug 4 08:45:20 BST 2011

Dear Achim, Jon, others,
I think that the rightest way to take reflectivity into account in the
insolation calculations would be to treat reflextions with raytracing
principles in the code of ish, but presently I don't feel capable of
doing this, at least in a reasonable amount of time, and I don't know
if I ever will. The kind of use of the existing coupling with Radiance
I am thinking of is computationally redundant, but (i hope) it should
also be reasonably simple to implement and wouldn't touch the ESP-r
nor the Radiance existing code.

Both fortunately and unfortunately I will be able to work on it just
part-part time in August. I will work on it mainly from September.

This functionality would be very useful to me in the next months.

Best regards

Gian Luca