[esp-r] Re: more version ESP-r

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Sat Jul 16 16:39:47 BST 2011

Hi Filippo

what do you plan to do? As written by Gian Luca, you have "two versions" of ESP-r, already. You can start every ESP-r component in text mode by invoking with

$> prj -mode text

In general, this is definitely possible from Python, also. However, then it may become tricky, because you need to send the started process many instructions to be able to do anything interesting.

It is quite easy, though, to write scripts that do special tasks and call these scripts from other scripts. E.g. set a new control file by the following ("set_ctl.sh"):

#!/bin/sh
#
#  Script changes control file in .cfg. <set_ctl> expects two
#  arguments:
#    1. configuration file name (with relative path)
#    2. control file name (with relative path)
#
CONFIG=$1
CONTRL=$2

echo "$CONFIG, control: $CTL "
prj -file $CONFIG -mode text >> /dev/null <<XXX

m  # browse/edit/simulate
n  # global control
$CONTRL
-  # exit
y  # save changes
y  # overwrite
Run: Whatever
-
-
XXX

unset CONFIG
unset CONTRL

Creating the instruction sequence is best done by doing whatever you wish in text mode and noting all the steps you need to take. Then simply write a shell script like the example above. In a calling script you can use such a "tool" like this ("run-everything.sh", the snippet uses some more tools of the general type described above):

for CTL in $CTLLIST
do

. ./set_ctl.sh $VAR.cfg $CTL
. ./simulate.sh $VAR.cfg ../../${VAR}_${theOPR}_${CTL}.res $FD $FM $TD $TM $PP
. ./res_supplied-energy.sh ../../${VAR}_${theOPR}_${CTL}.res ${VAR}_${theOPR}_${CTL}_supplied.dat

done # current CTL / complete list

Hope this helps.

achim.geissler at intergga.ch