[esp-r] Re: compile source code

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Mon Jun 13 21:43:57 BST 2011

Dear Arianna

nice to hear that you have a working system again. Just for clarification: For what you describe below, Tortoise Subversion is not necessary. A Cygwin installation has subversion included (if chosen at install) and this is used from a bash console in Cygwin. Tortoise comes in handy for Commits / Merges via Windows FileExplorer (somewhat easier to do than the command line procedure under Cygwin). Actually, that is how I also have my Windows environment set up: Edit source code via n++ (quick, free text editor with syntax highlighting), Commit and Merge via Tortoise and compile, run and use via Cygwin bash (in X, of course).

achim.geissler at intergga.ch