[esp-r] compile source code

A.Sdei at brighton.ac.uk A.Sdei at brighton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 16:40:26 BST 2011

Dear All,

I recently had a problem with the simulation tool that did not run on my version of ESP-r. I re-installed cygwin and tried with the precompiled versions from the website and an auto running version that Jon Hand had sent me. None of them resolved the problem, I then compiled ESP-r from the source code and I now have a working version. This is what I did:

1.       I downloaded tortoise subversion

2.       I created a folders home/my user name/src/cvsdude from the cygwin bash window

3.    From cvsdude in the cygwin bash I gave the command:
      svn checkout https://espr.svn.cvsdude.com/esp-r/trunk

4.    From home/my user name/src/cvsdude/trunk/src i gave the command ./install

The game is done, enjoy your working version, don't waste your time, use the source code!

Regards,
Arianna Sdei