[esp-r] Re: basics as i thinks

Geissler Achim achim.geissler at fhnw.ch
Fri Jun 10 10:27:41 BST 2011

Dear Haitham

What version of ESP-r on which platform are you using? Which Format of 3d CAD did you try? In general, import of .dxf files which follow certain rules (see the ESP-r context help on this, a quite concise description is given) works for non-too-complex geometry. Possibly, the command line works slightly better.

What do you mean by "plant as thermal insulation"? If you have the data available (and as a first simple approach) you can define your own material (via Project Manager, database maintenance) and enter the appropriate thermal properties of the plant. However, effects such as evaporation (e.g. grass roof) will not be considered.

Out of curiosity: What is your home town?