[esp-r] Re: shading mulptiple zones?

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue May 24 09:01:13 BST 2011

A question about one shading object for several zones....

You are correct that each zone has its own definition of shading objects. You
need to duplicate the shading objects in each zone for objects that are common
for the whole model.  Sorry but there is not yet a facility to copy shading
obstructions between zones (some users would open up a text editor and
do a copy and paste of the objects).

Note that newer versions of ESP-r are able to work with shading objects
that are 6 sided but not necessarily box shaped - might be a way of representing
a ground form with fewer objects.

Walls in one zone do not shade other zones.  If you judge it important represent
the general shape of the other room with an obstruction.