[esp-r] Re: furniture in esp-r

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Mon May 23 19:36:12 BST 2011

Dear Leen

possibly you want to use "hanging surfaces". I am not sure what you mean by "charging and discharging" other than thermal capacity, but such hanging surfaces have all the same properties as normal zone bounding surfaces.

"Furniture against the wall" is a difficult one. As a first thought, you can "cut the appropriate surface into the wall" and then give this surface a different construction which has an additional layer and thermal resistance on the interior. I assume you would like to have reduced surface temperatures in the region of the furniture?

However, often problems arise when thermal bridging (internal walls meet external walls, floors meet external walls and such) and furniture "collide". For this, you would need an (at least) 2d calculation, I would say. ESP-r has such a module, however, I do not know if it is still "active".

For what its worth.