[esp-r] Re: Intergrated bld/mfs/plant simulation

Nicolas Kelly nick at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue May 10 09:44:19 BST 2011

Iain,

A couple of things to try:

1)      Make sure the building and plant are running at the same time step if not re-run and check if the problem persists.

2)      Try running the model with no flow network, using the basic plant flow handling. If the ventilation loss disappears then it indicates a substantial bug the plant/building/flow coupling, where a phantom loss of massflow * dT is introduced [dT is the internal-external temperature difference].]

Let me know how you get on an I'll have a look at the appropriate section of code.

Nick
Nick Kelly BEng (Hons) PgC MSc PhD FHEA
Energy Systems Research Unit
Mechanical Engineering