[esp-r] Re: prj -file *.cfg works but...

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Sat Apr 2 01:58:05 BST 2011

Included below are links are to documents which discuss setting up cygwin and environment variables
which may be helpful.

Going from 11.7 to 11.10 is a big step. It is possible that your cygwin does not include
some libraries needed or has older versions of libraries.  Sort of like trying to run a Vista
executable on Windows 2000. The linked documents talk about what packages you need
to have on your computer.

If you installed 11.10 over 11.7 folders then there may be conflicts.  It might be
that the *run file did not work correctly because of some file and folder permissions.

Suggest that you remove or relocate any existing /usr/esru folders and then
try to install again.  Pay particular attention to any messages during the install.

Lets start with the basics

a) is there actually a bps.exe located on your computer?

b) do other ESP-r executables start up from the project manager (e.g. clm)? Does
the project manager (prj) run?

c) if bps.exe does exist and you start it manually from the graphic terminal
are there any messages shown in the console?

Regards, Jon Hand

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17785121/ESPr_Installers/README_cygwin_after_installer.txt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17785121/ESPr_Installers/README_cygwin_before_installer.txt