[esp-r] Construction database - problem

Sara Nikoofard sr880710 at dal.ca
Thu Mar 31 20:19:14 BST 2011

Hi All,

I am introducing my construction database instead of the default one for
simulations. Since my constructions are more than maximum allowable value
for the ESP-r, I got this message during simulation:

FAILURE: in ../../../databases/con_db_xml.a: 177

the no of composite constructions value (177) > allowable maximum 120!

Warning: Problem during reading of construction database.

I changed the MMLC dimension from 120 to 200 in /include/building.h file.
After compiling ESP-r I still had the error till I added the following line
to /esrucom/edatabase.F:

WRITE (*,*) MMLC, NMLC

After adding and deleting this line everything worked fine and warning
disappeared. But another problem popped up. Now, if I want to use the ESP-r
default construction file, the construction database in GUI interference
shows only squares nothing is there. If I click on those squares it reports
in text box what it is but it gives a warning: "corrected mlc".

Now there are two questions:

1-      why ESP-r needed the trick to understand the real dimension of MMLC?

2-      How can I get back my database without reducing the MMLC dimension?
How can I have 200 spots for constructions and still see my default
construction database?

By the way my ESP-r is installed on KUBUNTU 8.10.

Thanks,

--

Sara Nikoofard

Room C254A, Department of Mechanical Engineering,

Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS

Phone: (902)494-3165

email:  s.nikoofard at dal.ca