[esp-r] Re: Sketchup plug in for ESP-r - is there one out there somewhere??

Lopez, Phylroy Phylroy.Lopez at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Feb 23 04:26:50 GMT 2011

Yes,

I wrote a ruby script that leveraged the Openstudio/Energyplus plug in
code to view ESP-r geometries and zoning, I wrote it when I was snowed
in a few years back, and took all of two days. I passed the code to Iain
MacDonald for some validation work that I was doing. I think he may have
made some improvements to it. It was very simple to use, but it was
one-way transform of geometry to SU, but two-way would not be much more
work.

Jeff Blake mentioned to me that he was working on a new Skecthup plug-in
viewer. I am not sure if his plan was to write it from scratch or
leverage the Openstudio libraries.

Phylroy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Hand [mailto:jon at esru.strath.ac.uk]
Sent: February 22, 2011 21:09
To: Ferguson, Alex; core_developers at espr.list.cvsdude.com;
esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: Sketchup plug in for ESP-r - is there one out there somewhere??

I remember months or years ago there was a message about a Sketchup
plugin for ESP-r (probably a collection of Ruby code).

Anyone remember this?

Anyone know:
a) where
 b)what it is
c) how to use it
d) where the source is?

If it exists - anyone interested in working on it so that there is
another option for interacting with ESP-r?

Regards, Jon Hand