[esp-r] Re: install

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 10:32:31 GMT 2011

In the source distribution of the current development branch the manual/OS/Linux
has guidance.  I attach this file to simplify things.  It relates to 9.04 but should
be mostly correct for newer versions.

And I suggest that you do not bother with the trunk.  Check out the development_branch.
It works better on 64 bit.  But for some tasks 32bit is still more robust.

The messages includes indicate that you need to use the package manager in
Ubuntu to gather further packages.  Most of the details are found in the
attached file.

Regards, Jon Hand