[esp-r] help on epw weather file to bin on ESP-r

Manish Pudaruth manishgti at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:23:10 GMT 2011

Greetings,

I am quite new to ESP-r and am using it for my dissertation for my BSc and i am having trouble opening the weather files (Antananarivo/Cape-town/Johannesburg) on ESP-r.

I downloaded them from: http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data.cfm

This link was obtained from the ESP-r website: http://www.esru.strath.ac.uk/Programs/ESP-r_capabilities/climate.html

After downloading the .epw file i tried importing it in the database maintenance menu. I even tried the ".epw to .bin converter" available but that did not create a .bin file in the folder and ESP-r still could not import the weather file correctly.

Can anyone help me regarding this matter?

Thank you,

Manish