[esp-r] Re: thermal inertia.

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Feb 17 00:26:15 GMT 2011

ESP-r simulates the building and constructions that you describe to it. If you describe a stone wall
then inertia will be a large effect, if you simulate a wall made of a sheet of paper there is very little
inertia.  Certainly short timesteps would be part of an analysis of a low inertia design (stuff will change
quickly).

Inertia does seem to be part of what we observe in real buildings so it is a bit curious to
imagine a universe where there was no inertia?

Is this a theoritical study or a study of an actual material which has a very short time constant?