[esp-r] radiant floor model in ESP-r

jmazo at unizar.es jmazo at unizar.es
Fri Feb 11 10:47:36 GMT 2011

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am Javier Mazo, a PhD student at the University of Zaragoza (Spain).
My research work is focused in the study of Phase Change Materials in
buildings. I am interested in the simulation of the performance of
these phase change materials in thermally activated building systems
such as a radiant floor.
I am very interested in using ESP-r becouse it enables the simulation
of PCM, treated as special materials. I would like to know if it is
possible to simulate in ESP-r a radiant floor with PCM.
I also would like to know some features of the radiant floor model
that is used in ESP-r such as:
-Numerical aproach, is it based in the finite difference method?, or
does it use other methods like RC-models of transfer function models?
-Does it take into account the bidimensional efect of heat conduction
in the radiant floor slab?
Thank you very much for your attention. I am looking forward to your answer.
Regards,
Javier

Javier Mazo Olarte

Área de Máquinas y Motores Térmicos, Departamento de Ingeniería
Mecánica Universidad de Zaragoza Edificio Agustín Betancourt.
C/María de Luna s/n, 50018, Zaragoza, España

GITSE,Grupo de Ingeniería Térmica y Sistemas Energéticos
I3A, Instituto de Investigación en Ingeniería de Aragón
http://i3a.unizar.es

Tel: +34 976 761 000 ext: 5258
Fax: +34 976 762 616
Móvil: +34 669 551 952