[esp-r] Re: PCM models

Achim.geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Thu Feb 3 08:07:23 GMT 2011

Dear Hazim

very interesting paper. One question I could not see answered, though: The
measurements of heat flux will include a long wave radiative part, won't
they? The equations you give (Table 2) are convective, only. As the various
surfaces of the test chamber did not seem to have the same temperature,
there will have been a long wave exchange component, also. Did you check on
its possible magnitude?

Adding an additional approach for "convective heat transfer for PCM" would
be straightforward in ESP-r. Do you have a suggestion as to its
theoretical/equation-wise description?

Thanks.

--------- Original-Nachricht --------