[esp-r] Re: Radiation algorithm

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 05:48:05 GMT 2011

There are several choices for finding out how ESP-r treats radiation:

a) Look at Energy Simulation in Building Design by J A Clarke (ISBN 0 7506 5082 6)

b) look in the source code (availble for download) search for sky temperature and
   you will find references to the source file esrubld/subsys.F  The ESP-r Developers
   Guide provides lots of instructions for getting and exploring the source code.

c) use the 'trace' function in the simulator to write out information about the
   radiant exchanges and sky temperatures

d) run the simulator via a debug environement and you can single step through
   the solution process and see what is happening ( serious geek stuff but it is possible)

Regards, Jon Hand