[esp-r] simulation

A.Sdei at brighton.ac.uk A.Sdei at brighton.ac.uk
Sun Jan 2 19:17:40 GMT 2011

Dear All,
I have started a new model for the houses I am retrofitting. I need to
know heating and cooling load (overheating risk) as well as delivered
energy (comprising hot water and electricity) and primary energy (if
possible) for the houses as they are before the retrofitting. The model
works and I am starting to run the first simulations, and I have a few
questions. Do I need to establish an ideal control loop in order to know
what the heating load is with ESP? Is there a way with ESP-r to
establish set points temperature so to have heating and cooling loads
without establish a control loop? Can I get the heat loss coefficient
for the building structure (independent of set point temperature and
degree days) by simulating the model on a free float base? If so, is
there by using the energy balance function in the res tool? I hope you
will be able to answer my questions so I will be clearer on the approach
to take in my modelling and simulating. Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Arianna