[esp-r] Re: MRT calculation using view factor

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Sat Jan 1 00:27:31 GMT 2011

There are two separate viewfactors - one set of viewfactors are for the real surfaces in
the zone.  A 2nd set of viewfactors are between the MRT sensor and the surfaces
in the zone.

The viewfactors are not 'automatically' calculated.  You have to ask for them to
be done and sometimes they can take several minutes to calculate.  There will
be a report after the calculation - read it carefully to see that all surfaces have
a summation close to 1.0.  You may have to adjust the resolution of the calculation
parameters.

I will have another look at the text in the Cookbook - the instructions might not
be clear enough.

Regards, Jon Hand