[esp-r] Re: climate files

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Dec 22 00:42:56 GMT 2010

Which specific version of ESP-r are you running (when prj starts up there will be a revision number printed).

The file names for several UK climate files changed recently.  Models that point to the older file names
will need to be updated.

What is the full path name to the London Gatwick file and what is the name of the file?

There might also be two conflicting versions of a file named climatelist on your machine.
There should be a file climatelist in the esp-r distribution climate folder.  ESP-r gets
the name and location of the climatelist file via a *db_climates entry in the esprc
file that lives in the esp-r distribution folder.

And a work-around in case there is a software issue is to use a text editor on the
model cfg file and locate the line that starts with *clm and edit the file name to
match your Gatwick file name and location.

-Jon