[esp-r] Re: main folder location

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 04:03:10 GMT 2010

The default action of the software is to find the definition of the users home folder
(we know that we can create files and folders in that location) and use that.  What
I often do is to start the model but before I put in any additional  information I exit prj and
I copy the model folder to the place where I really want it to live, I change to
that folder and then startup the project manager again focused on the model
configuration file.

Perhaps there could be a new environment variable (like $MODELS) which
if it was defined would be used in place of the $HOME environment variable.

There might be other approaches that would work?  Any suggestions out there?