[esp-r] Re: Scaling up my Model

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Aug 16 09:37:25 BST 2010

Questions about Integrated Performance Views...

A number of the questions about IPV can be dealt with by a new section
in the about-to-be-released August 2010 version of the ESP-r Cookbook.

Those of you who would like an early look at the Cookbook can contact
me and I will upload it to you (PDF is over 5MB now).

The task termintated with an error condition usually indicates some
fault when running the model. Those running such assessments on
OSX or Linux or Solaris or under Cygwin can probably look in their
command terminal and see some warnings when the simulation is
running.

On native windows that is not an option unless you down load the MSYS
environment (includes Linux shells and utilities) and often the hidden
messages can be seen if you invoke the tools within MSYS rather than
from the normal Windows file manager.

Do check one thing - if you are running silently in windows it will
probably try and put the results files in your HOME folder.  If that
is deep in the file structure or has unprintable characters in the
path then that could cause a crash.