[esp-r] Re: Res: AW: Scaling up my Model

Geissler Achim A.Geissler at gae.ch
Mon Aug 9 15:17:16 BST 2010

Hi Ian

I don't really recall how the setting up procedure in prj is, but you should have something like

*year  1997 # assessment year

*ipv  4,2,i5t     # IPV data follows

*title,Full elevation model 1

*version,Version Elev1

*date,Fri Oct 16 10:00:15 2009

*synop,:The Elev1

*images,0

*simulations,5

*period,29,35,Elev1 1st winter run

*period,81,87,Elev1 spring run

*period,191,197,Elev1 summer run

*period,272,278,Elev1 autumn run

*period,333,339,Elev1 2nd winter run

*display_days,5,10,66,193,276,325

season multipliers: heating|cooling|lights|fans|smallp|DWH

*win1,8.000,10.752,8.000,8.000,8.000,8.000

*spr,18.637,8.000,8.000,8.000,8.000,8.000

*sum,17.000,17.632,17.000,17.000,17.000,17.000

*aut,8.000,8.523,8.000,8.000,8.000,8.000

*win2,8.606,11.071,8.000,8.000,8.000,8.000

*metrics,3

# metric data: metric index, nb zones, 2 miscel , floor area

*metric_1,6,1,1,8,553.5,1.000,1.000,comfort,offi_zones,Resultant T (degC)

  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

*metric_2,40,1,0,8,553.5,1.000,1.000,TSolabs,solabs_zones,Solar absorbed (W)

  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

*metric_3,38,1,0,8,553.5,1.000,1.000,SolinEx,solent_zones,Solar via outside(W)

  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

*demand_sets, 2  # number of energy demand sets

# nb. zones, 2 miscel, aggregate_toggle floor area, scaling descrip

*energy_1,8,0,0,1,553.5,1.000,zones

  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

# nb. zones, 2 miscel, aggregate_toggle floor area, scaling descrip

*energy_2,6,0,0,1,278.9,1.000,-core

  9,10,11,12,13,14

# non-specific demands: occup/light/sm pwr/fans/pumps/lifts/dhw

*dmds,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

*end_ipv

in your .cfg after a successful setup. Below is a step-by-step from Jon.

(by the way, what is your affiliation? I don't usually reply to "yahoo.com" etc. if I don't know who is at the other end …)

==== Information from Jon Hand in regard to IPV: =====

A summary of the steps below:

IPV lets user choose some parameters of interest (temperature, MRT, RH, energy

etc) and the IPV output lists these. There are two types of scaling, both scale up energy. Zone scaling can be done if user models say one zone and wants to include x such zones in the final result. Time scaling can also be performed by selecting a period in each season (usually 3 or 5 weeks in as many seasons) and simulating. Results from these simulations are scaled up for the whole season based on degree days.

ESP-r interface commands in the order I entered them:

1. To get into the ipv menu:

model context > integrated performance views > give an ipv file name > leads to "options for assessments" menu I chose "5 seasons typical week"

2. To scan climate and automatically select typical weeks:

re-scan climate > scan climate list

3. To set up degree day ratios to fill in multipliers for scaling:

re-scan climate > for day ratios > heating temperature (choose default) > cooling temperature (choose default) > search for typical week > weighting factors (choose default) > look at next season (4 times)

4. To set up output for I2PV:

report format (until you get java)

5. To choose performance metrics:

Performance metrics (choose some)

6. To set up zones for energy output:

Demand sets (this means energy demand) > zones (pick some zones)

You can also add a second demand set which is another grouping of zones if you want to list out zones in more than one group

7. Time step data (optional):

Turn on "time step aggregate" if you want column data for all days and time steps. With this turned off there is no listing for time step data. Jon suggested you try running simulations with and without this toggle to see the difference.

8. To simulate and extract reports

simulation > integrated performance view > run simulations > silent (then after simulations finish) > extract reports > silent > all

This should generate the I2PV input file as well as coordinating the generation of the results files which can be used for other purposes.