[esp-r] Re: ubuntu installation

victor bunster victorbunster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 07:02:24 BST 2010

That was the problem... thanks

For the record, in UBUNTU(guest) over XP(host) with VirtualBox I did:
           sudo ./esp-r_v11.9_linux_precomp.run
and the installation worked, then:
           export PATH=$PATH:/opt/esru/bin:/opt/esru/esp-r/bin
after that if I typed:
           esp-r or prj
I got the prompt:
          "error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.1: cannot
open shared library: No such file or directory"
so with:
          sudo dpkg -i "package_name.deb"
I installed the packages:
          gcc-4.1-base_4.1.2-21ubuntu1