[esp-r] Re: the node multi-layer construction?

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 19:59:16 BST 2010

The 7 nodes is correct for the 3 layer MLC.  Node one is the outside and node
7 is the inside face.  There already is a selection (surface inside face) that
gives access to node 7 and there is already a selection (surface outside face)
that gives access to node 1.  I suppose we could revise the interface to allow
two ways of getting the inside face.

An there is an animation facility that plots all of the temperatures
across a MLC so why not use that?

Materials are normally assigned as a layer in a MLC and that
would be 3 nodes (one at face of layer, one in centre of layer
and one at the other face of the layer).  Each of these would
be the same material so it is not clear what 'if I put the pcm in the node 5 or 6'
question is. Node 6 is the centre of the layer.