[esp-r] Re: Zone Control - ESP-r 11.9 GCC4 native windows version

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jul 12 17:38:41 BST 2010

A user reports an issue with an ideal zone control.  This is the first report
of a basic zone control acting like a free float for version 11.9.  11.9 has
been used recently with models that include zone ideal controls so....

To check that it is not something specific to your model that is
exhibiting a sensitivity between 11.8 and 11.9 try one of the
exemplar models with an ideal zone control and try running that on
your computer and see what happens.

If that works as expected then there is something about your model
and to find out what is specifically the issue it would be useful to look
at a model QA report.

ESP-r allows you to define controls that you might want to use
in the future and so there is a separate item in the ideal control menu selection that
links thermal zones to ideal controls - make sure that you have
assigned these relationships!  That is a classic reason why zones
free float.

One minor change that you could try is to set the actuator to 'the current zone'
rather than a specific zone. You could also check to see if it works
if you alter the sensor to point at the specific zone.

Regards, Jon Hand