[esp-r] Zone Control - ESP-r 11.9 GCC4 native windows version

Ian McCall ijmccall at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 16:06:36 BST 2010

Bonjour / hello ESP-r support,

I am unable to implement the zone control function on my apartment building
model with ESP-r 11.9 GCC4 native windows version. I am able to create a simple
zone control file for one of the zones "apt1"  -
1) Zone Sensor - Senses current zone db temp
2) Zone Actuator - air point or surface in apt1
3) Basic controller for heating / cooling ...etc... and apply it to a zone
etc...

I can successfully run / integrate simulation but the zone "apt1" results file
indicates that it just “free-floats” and does follow the zone control file.

I have created simple “test” file with a simple zone control in ESP-r 11_8_GCC3
native windows version. I ran the simulator / integrated simulation and the
results file indicates that the "test" zone responds to the Basic controller for
heating / cooling.

However when I load the same “test” file in 11_9_GCC4 , run the simulator /
integrate simulation the results file again indicates that the zone just
“free-floats”. No matter what zone control I choose the zone just free floats.

Have I made a mistake somewhere? Is there an error in the compiling of ESP-r
11_9_GCC4 Native Windows Version??

Ian