[esp-r] Re: climate dates

Aizaz Samuel aizaz.a.samuel at strath.ac.uk
Fri Jul 9 11:13:13 BST 2010

Pischetola and Nicola,

To import epw files you need to edit these as described in
https://espr.svn.cvsdude.com/esp-r/trunk/src/climate/README_IWEC

For reading in .xls files export the file as a text file making sure it has
the correct format (as found at
https://espr.svn.cvsdude.com/esp-r/trunk/src/climate/
look at any of the files with a .a extension). Easiest way to export is ctrl+A
> ctrl+C (in the spreadsheet) and then ctrl+V in a text editor provided all
the information in the spreadsheet is relevant.

Once you have the correct format give the command clm from a command line.
Then new climate database > give name > import text file > ASCII ESP-r file >
with day demarcation lines. When data is read in display e.g. temperature to
check.

Dr Aizaz A Samuel
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Strathclyde