[esp-r] Air gap resistance too small-message

Marco Jacobs mgjm.jacobs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 09:27:59 BST 2010

Dear all,

As a new user of ESP-r, I'm having difficulties when defining new materials
and constructions.
I have added new constructions for a window and a glass facade, both divided
in an outer glass sheet, a cavity with an Argon filling, and another glass
sheet.
Now I get the message: "Air gap resistance too small in zone X, surface Y,
gap Z, please increase!"
When looking back at my zone definitions, the indicated surfaces are all
glass/window surfaces. I had the same problem with my outer wall definition,
but changing the conductivity up, and finally back down to the desired value
was enough to solve this.
I have tried the same for the window constructions, but it doesn't seem to
help. What exactly is the problem, and how to solve it?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Marco Jacobs

TNO-Building Brains