[esp-r] FW: surface fluxes

王菊花 luckygrass100 at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 02:15:23 BST 2010

Dear Achim,
    I am sorry I have't expressed my minds clearly.I know there is no  straightforward way to calculate U-value,which is exactly what I mean.So I want to find an easy way to do that,U=Q/¨ST.Q is the heat conduction of the double-skin facade.¨ST is the temperature difference of interior and exterior surfaces.As you say,using a simple tool like WIS can calculate U value.But there are many openings for the exterior glass of double-skin facade in my model,so there is ventilation between the air gap and environment.I realize this by building zones for the air gap area and flow connections for the openings.I try to  use result analysis > surface fluxes> conduction(inside) or conduction(other face) facility in esp-r,the output results are all zero.Maybe it is not practical to calculate U value in this way,I thought out another way to do this.I can use WINDOW5.0 to calculate U value of double-skin facade without ventilation,then campare loads of double-skin facade with and without ventilation in esp-r,divide the load difference by ¨ST.Suppose the result is ¨SU,then plus ¨SU with U value of double-skin facade without ventilation.Does the final result make sense?Anxiously expecting your kind answers.Many thanks.

CC: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk