[esp-r] inputs for HAM simulations

Georgios KOKOGIANNAKIS Georgios.KOKOGIANNAKIS at nottingham.edu.cn
Fri Apr 30 18:30:14 BST 2010

Hi everybody,

I have got a question about some of the data that are required for the heat and moisture simulations (HAM) in ESP-r. The coupling is really important since moisture transport affects the heat fluxes of a specific surface in my model.
Anyway, I am trying to use the 1-D griding and the first input requirement is the following:
"Enter the moisture permeability data for the selected layer". The defaults are 0  0.000 0.000 0.000. There is no help for these option but I was looking at A. Nakhi's PhD thesis and I understand that the first of these four inputs refers to the index for the type of formula to be used by the simulator (it should always be "1" according to Nakhi's thesis). The other 3 inputs are probably used to solve equations 5.13a and 5.13b of Nakhi's thesis.A. Nakhi refers to the following publication for finding these 3 input data:
"IEA 1994. ‘‘Catalogue of Material Properties, upgraded version,’’ International Energy Agency, Energy Conservation in Buildings and Community System Programme, IEA annex 24 HAMTIE."

Can anybody advise me on how to obtain this publication? Is there any other way to find the inputs needed for a proper HAM simulation?

Thanks,
This email has been scanned by the Altman Email Security System.
For more information please visit www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems