[esp-r] boundary conditions for nonsymmetric constructions

王菊花 luckygrass100 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 15:24:57 BST 2010

When I define the boundary conditions which apply to each surface in the model by selecting check via vertex contiguity facility.It scans the polygons of a model looking for surfaces in
various zones which are close matches
in terms of shape and position.After that,I began to take the action simulation.It warned that Surface X has a nonsymmetric construction interior.It faces Y  which is composed of interior (which may not match).Here,X and Y are surfaces matching in terms of shape and position.They are the same surface actually separating two adjacent zones.They just have opposite directions for the two zones.And interior is the name of construction defined by myself.I wonder whether the warnings affect simulation results?

I am simulating thermal performance of external respiration double skin facade.I built zones for airgap between the two curtain walls.But it turned out that cooling load in summer with double skin facade for south wall is bigger than cooling load with single skin facade for south wall.I can't explain this.I am thinking whether It is caused by the wrong surface connections &boundary conditions described above?

I am expecting your kind answers.Thank you in advance!Daisy.