[esp-r] Re: using measured data in old ESP-r Version 10.11

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 10:43:07 GMT 2010

The temporal data file can be associated with casual gains in rooms
in the current version of ESP-r and this should also work on older
versions of ESP-r.

Mass flow at a pump is not a data type that
is included in old or new versions of ESP-r.  This sounds like an interesting
idea for a new temporal data type.

Pump source temperatures are not a data type that is included in old or
new version of ESP-r.

It is possible to define a control setpoint for some ideal controls as a temporal item
in the current version of ESP-r.  I can't reproduce a version 10.11
so cannot confirm if control setpoints can be used.  It might be possible
to represent a chilled slab via the 'thin-zone with forced heat transfer
coefficients' method.

It is not clear why version 10.11 must be used.  Current versions of
ESP-r can usually read older models successfully or with minimal
user intervention.