[esp-r] Re: question on "modelling Passive downdraught evaporative cooling (PDEC) with ESP-r"

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Sun Feb 28 06:38:49 GMT 2010

If the PDEC is primarily driven by the wet pad it would be useful to consider a variant of the
wet surface controller or how about an evaporative surface as a special material.

If you have a good idea about the amount of cool air generated you might making a zone to
represent the air near where the pad would be and chilling it an equivalent amount.
Buoyancy in the flow network could take care of the rest.

Is the idea below to raise the humidity of the air stream via the humidity control?

Anyone interested in implementing a wet pad representation?