[esp-r] Re: for the network control

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Feb 26 05:45:23 GMT 2010

There are several approaches for window opening if the outside temperature
is within a specific range.  The exemplar model cellular_natv uses what is
called a range based controller to alter the size of an opening.

There is also the office_vent exemplar and the control file office_vent_netent_ctl.ctl
also demonstrates the range based controller.

Another approach is to define several flow components in sequence, each of the
flow connections would have one part of the logic and only when all of the
logic tests are true does air flow.

The ESP-r Cookbook also discusses how you can use a multiple-sensor with
a flow network which one control includes several AND  OR statements to
allow for specific controls.  Look for flow law  'multi sensor on/off'  an example
of this is included in the exemplar cellular_hybrid

Because you have control of the design of the flow network it is possible
to create networks and controls which can approximate a range of controls
(even checking the range of temperatures inside as well as the temperature
range outside).